Euphorbia ammak rot?

Use this forum to get advice on growing succulents and keeping them healthy
jrivanob

Euphorbia ammak rot?

Post by jrivanob »

I have a euphorbia ammak that I left with a friend for a couple weeks while I was out, and when I returned I noticed a brown spot at its base. It looks like rot and there are little pustules in the area, but it's not soft, it's as hard as the rest of the cactus. Is this definitely rot?

If it is, I know I have to decapitate the cactus, let it dry out, and replant it, but any tips/tricks on that would be much appreciated.
Attachments
IMG_1867.jpg
IMG_1867.jpg (125.03 KiB) Viewed 1295 times
IMG_1868.jpg
IMG_1868.jpg (128.41 KiB) Viewed 1295 times
IMG_1869.jpg
IMG_1869.jpg (129.02 KiB) Viewed 1295 times
IMG_1870.jpg
IMG_1870.jpg (176.97 KiB) Viewed 1295 times
San Francisco, CA (Zone 10b)
jrivanob

Re: Euphorbia ammak rot?

Post by jrivanob »

Steve Johnson wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:26 am
jrivanob wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:32 pm I have a euphorbia ammak that I left with a friend for a couple weeks while I was out, and when I returned I noticed a brown spot at its base. It looks like rot and there are little pustules in the area, but it's not soft, it's as hard as the rest of the cactus. Is this definitely rot?

If it is, I know I have to decapitate the cactus, let it dry out, and replant it, but any tips/tricks on that would be much appreciated.
Not a cactus, it's a succulent. See this:

http://www.cactiguide.com/forum/viewtop ... 24&t=46110

Post this thread in the Succulent Growing Help forum -- you'll get more page views and responses there than you would here. I'm one of the moderators, so I can move it there for you if you'd like. Just let me know if that's okay.
Sure! Thanks for that
San Francisco, CA (Zone 10b)
Steve Johnson

Re: Euphorbia ammak rot?

Post by Steve Johnson »

jrivanob wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:58 pmSure! Thanks for that
You got it -- just made the move. Unfortunately, my experience is confined to growing desert cacti, so hopefully the succulent folks will give you some useful responses over here.
If you just want photos without all the blather, please visit my Flickr gallery.
My location: Los Angeles, CA (Zone 10b)