ID: P. flexibilispinus and E. atacamensis ssp. pasacana?

If you have a cactus plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
Glorioustache

ID: P. flexibilispinus and E. atacamensis ssp. pasacana?

Post by Glorioustache »

Hello!

I recently acquired 6 new specimens but I have been having a hard time identifying two of them. I have already researched thoroughly and watched thousands of photographs trying to find the proper ID for them, as well as asking around.
The first one is very likely P. flexibilispinus and the other one E. atacamensis ssp. pasacana. Would you agree? Or does anyone thinks they could be any other possible species?
P. flexibilispinus
P. flexibilispinus
PSX_20210909_003039.jpg (135.85 KiB) Viewed 616 times
E. atacamensis ssp. pasacana
E. atacamensis ssp. pasacana
PSX_20210909_003133.jpg (97.79 KiB) Viewed 616 times
Location: Central highlands of Guatemala, 14°N from the equator. Altitude: 1539M AMSL. Climate: Cwb, Subtropical Highland variety. Humidity: 100%
anttisepp

Re: ID: P. flexibilispinus and E. atacamensis ssp. pasacana?

Post by anttisepp »

Pilosocereus calcisaxicolus
Echinopsis chacoana
IMHO
Glorioustache

Re: ID: P. flexibilispinus and E. atacamensis ssp. pasacana?

Post by Glorioustache »

Thanks a lot Antissep! P. calcisaxicolus seems to be a synonym of P. flexibilispinus. Beautiful species! I had not found yet that other species you mentioned E. rhodotricha ssp. chacoana but looking at photographs of it on the internet it could very well be that one. I think that time will tell, maybe in a year or two of growth. Cheers my friend
Location: Central highlands of Guatemala, 14°N from the equator. Altitude: 1539M AMSL. Climate: Cwb, Subtropical Highland variety. Humidity: 100%