Some form of San Pedro?

If you have a cactus plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
Hero878

Some form of San Pedro?

Post by Hero878 »

Hi I got this cutting from a nursery recently but forgot what it was as it came with no label. I believe it's some form of San Pedro but it's a clumping form type of cacti.

The green one in the photo below. The other one is a Stenocereus Eruca.

No worries if no one knows I'll get back in touch with the nursery

esp_imaging

Re: Some form of San Pedro?

Post by esp_imaging »

Hero878 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:04 pm Hi I got this cutting from a nursery recently but forgot what it was as it came with no label. I believe it's some form of San Pedro but it's a clumping form type of cacti.

At this size it could be the bottom one looks like some form of Echinopsis / Trichocereus /Lobivia etc. There is no chance of an accurate id based on appearance alone. Mature growth and spines and, in particular, flowers will help.
A small diverse collection of Cacti & Succulents
Based in the UK
http://www.edwardshaw.co.uk/cacti
Hero878

Re: Some form of San Pedro?

Post by Hero878 »

esp_imaging wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:15 pm
Hero878 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:04 pm Hi I got this cutting from a nursery recently but forgot what it was as it came with no label. I believe it's some form of San Pedro but it's a clumping form type of cacti.

At this size it could be the bottom one looks like some form of Echinopsis / Trichocereus /Lobivia etc. There is no chance of an accurate id based on appearance alone. Mature growth and spines and, in particular, flowers will help.
Thank you! Yes I believe it is some form of a Trichocereus. Will be interesting to see how it grows :)