Growing cacti indoor Northern climate.

Discuss repotting, soil, lighting, fertilizing, watering, etc. in this category.
Janne-Linkan

Growing cacti indoor Northern climate.

Post by Janne-Linkan »

Hello i got some rooted pachanois from a Friends about two years Ago and it has become an intrest of mine and have just starten cutting/propagating not sure about THE terms. Super fun ! But it is Hard to reglate THE light and THE temperature . Especially in Winter because i need heat in THE apartment. I just open THE Windows in THE kitchen so they get some of THE Cold
I also only have Windows on two directions with Little light so i have too move Them around in Summer to Catch som sunshine.. so this has resulted in some elongating. Also some root rots because of watering in Winter time i think
Any Northern living People have any tips and ideas maybe ? I live in Southern Sweden so it doesnt freeze that much in Winter . Thanks!
7george

Re: Growing cacti indoor Northern climate.

Post by 7george »

I try to keep small ball-shaped cacti that fit into my windowsills. Larger cacti always cause some problems and not going well. Houses are little better suited for growing cacti -- the collector may control better the heat, divide rooms or build some conservatory or attached glasshouse. Bringing some pot outdoors can also help.

P.S.: If you can control heating bring the night temps lower. We can not sleep well if these are 18 degr. or higher so fix them at 16° C.
If your cacti mess in your job just forget about the job.
°C = (°F - 32)/1.8