An Echinopsis question

Discuss repotting, soil, lighting, fertilizing, watering, etc. in this category.
gillinger

An Echinopsis question

Post by gillinger »

I purchased two Echinopsis last July at a cactus fair, labelked Echinopsis Goldeneye and Echinopsis Darleys Leopard. I was exoecting them to flower at some point but nothing much has hapoened, aoart from the Goldeneye thriwing out a bunch if offsets. Neither seem to have grown significantly since I got them. They're in my greenhouse, being kept nice and warm, watered regularly but not overmuch, the same as all my other pkants. I've had spectacular flowers this year but nothing from these two. Is it something I'm (not) doing?
"Once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"
gillinger

Re: An Echinopsis question

Post by gillinger »

Bump
"Once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

They like a little more water than most desert cacti, maybe you're not giving them enough.

Echinopsis hybrids are generally easy to grow.
Spence :mrgreen:
gillinger

Post by gillinger »

greenknight wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:43 am They like a little more water than most desert cacti, maybe you're not giving them enough.

Echinopsis hybrids are generally easy to grow.
Thanks. I'll increase the watering and see what happens. Probably too late now for flowers this year, though.
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

Bud set happens during dormancy, appears in the spring as an enlarged areole. If you don't see any of those, no chance of flowers this year (though they don't always develop the first year after the bud is set).
Spence :mrgreen: