Adenium shedding leaves

Use this forum to get advice on growing succulents and keeping them healthy
nachtkrabb

Adenium shedding leaves

Post by nachtkrabb »

Hi folks.
we had extreme warm temperatures the last months: 35°C / 95°F to 44°C / 111°F. My Adenium has a very sunny place on the south balcony. There it has sat all the last summers. Then temperatures rarely went up above 40°C / 104°F.

This summer, the plant started to shed leaves: First at some of its branches.
As soon as there the leaves had been regrown, it threw those away at other branches.
When they had regrown, it threw everything away and looks now nearly as during winter. Only ONE LEAF is left.

My Adenium never has flowered, so I had looked some movies on youtube about how to encourage blossoms. In one video a professional grower in India didn't talk about flowers, but showed that her many Adeniums shed leaves all the time. That would induce new growth. But those plants had some leafes left & wree obviously regrowing! Mine not so.

I am really worried about my lovely plant. Is it simply to hot and she went into a summer sleep? Is that normal? Or is something the matter?
In May I had already asked about is as it was splitting, see also https://www.cactiguide.com/forum/viewto ... 01#p393001. (There is a picture of its "summer residence", still with leaves.) Those splits have healed beautifully by now, but are still there.

Thank you for advice.
Nachtkrabb :(
Love and Revolution!
...and still more cacti.