Haworthia marumiana?

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
geotrox

Haworthia marumiana?

Post by geotrox »

Hello all,
Would greatly appreciate assistance in confirming my tentative identification of this Haworthia.
I think it may be Haworthia marumiana var.batesiana, but it doesn't quite match the venation of the typical batesiana I've seen online. It appears more 'splotchy' to me. Does anyone else agree or have any other ideas?
As you can see it is a prolific and compact offsetter. Mother plant is ~2.25 inches in diameter and they are housed in a 5" dia. pot.
Any thoughts are appreciated!
Cheers,
George
Attachments
IMG_5316.jpg
IMG_5316.jpg (224.91 KiB) Viewed 570 times
IMG_5315.jpg
IMG_5315.jpg (195.69 KiB) Viewed 570 times
George Keeney
Columbus, Ohio, USA
Zone 6
greenknight

Re: Haworthia marumiana?

Post by greenknight »

I have some of those - I started with one, so all of mine are clones of the same plant. Some show very clear reticulation, others look more like yours. It depends on the lighting. Try potting some individually in small pots and growing them in different positions with different lighting.
Spence :mrgreen:
geotrox

Post by geotrox »

Thanks again Spence!
I have another pot just like this one, but from a different single clone. It's slightly different in general leaf flexion, in having more erect leaves that the posted specimen. Similar leaf patterning.
So are you generally agreeing that it is probably H. marumiana v. batesiana?
Cheers,
George
George Keeney
Columbus, Ohio, USA
Zone 6
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

Yes. There appears to be a fair amount of variation between different clones, as well as changes due to growing conditions.
Spence :mrgreen: