Help with id pls

If you have a cactus plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
Mireno78

Help with id pls

Post by Mireno78 »

I saw this on a nursery today without id.Any help is appreciate it😁
Attachments
BAF53F9A-0041-41B8-A2D8-49B8AB213706.png
BAF53F9A-0041-41B8-A2D8-49B8AB213706.png (114.22 KiB) Viewed 610 times
DB63AFEF-74E0-47FF-89F8-3D2816433C77.png
DB63AFEF-74E0-47FF-89F8-3D2816433C77.png (112.98 KiB) Viewed 610 times
Homestead,Florida!
MrXeric

Re: Help with id pls

Post by MrXeric »

Parodia buiningii
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Mireno78 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:25 am I saw this on a nursery today without id.Any help is appreciate it😁
You seem to keep forgetting about rule 1 in the rules for posting identification requests: viewtopic.php?t=45443

We have these rules in place for a reason. Don't abuse this forum.
Mireno78

Post by Mireno78 »

You seen to be the only person to be bothered by whatever rule im not fallowing. If you know the name of the plant let me know if not why do you even look to my post?Idk your gender but you are acting like a Karen…now call the manager
Homestead,Florida!
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Mireno78 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:04 pm You seen to be the only person to be bothered by whatever rule im not fallowing.
It is not me personally that is telling you what to do. I am reminding you that those rules exist, for the second time even. Simple as that.

The forum has set up rules to regulate an overwhelming amount of identification requests. They are there for a reason.

Clearly you are not respecting the rules of the forum and clearly you are not respecting other forum members by abusing them to do the work for you without even trying to do something back for the forum.
Mireno78

Post by Mireno78 »

Well clearly im out if here.if I have to do the research why would I be here asking for an id.for me it was as simple as I post a picture you know the id and thank you and lets move in with our life.if you post a picture and I know the name fir some reason I’ll do the same.the ppl that had helped me here never complain.you are the only one.if that is your job it really sucks so do what you have to do if is not please stop policing me
Homestead,Florida!
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

You do deserve some credit for providing good pictures, a top and a side view that clearly show the spines. You should also indicate how big, at least a rough estimate. Do try and identify it on your own, as Aiko says. We've had some posters who absolutely flooded the forum with ID requests without making any effort to research on their own, he has a good reason for telling you that - though diplomacy is not his forte.
Spence :mrgreen:
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

I have only just logged on and seen the alert.

Rules need interpreting sensibly, that rule was simply intended to stop people putting on numerous individual pictures of their whole collection at once for identification. We want to help people identify their plants, the rule is merely intended so the ID section is not unecessarily overloaded.

Posting too many images for identification at once can be counter productive since by the time the viewer has scrolled to the end they have often forgotten what the first plant was, therefore they do not bother to contribute their opinions. The same applies if you get only one answer since others will not comment if they think that was the correct identification and its not that your post is largely being ignored.

We also need to realise that those new to the hobby do not know what we do and whilst it may be obvious to us what genus it belongs to and therefore to search there it is not always clear to a novice. For instance you get pictures of Other Succulents in Cactus identification sections since to some novices that is a cactus until they learn otherwise.

The Forum tries to cater for all levels of knowledge, therefore we should make allowances and pass on our knowledge to those who seek it when we can. Not getting too uptight at supposed minor transgressions of rules which are merely there as a guide.