Cacti seedling growth in 3 days?

All about seed grown plants. How-to information, progress reports, show of your results.
LordZogat

Cacti seedling growth in 3 days?

Post by LordZogat »

Have I been the brunt of a false claim? I purchased a mixture of 100 cacti and succulent seeds online that range in size of ground pepper to grains of sand. I sterilized the soil in a microwave and set the seeds however with in 3 days i had sprouts. Mainly tall grass like ones and some that look like regular plant seedlings.

I am new to this but didn't expect cacti seedlings to show like this, are they even cacti or succulents? Too early to know?

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
cacti1.jpg
cacti1.jpg (126.77 KiB) Viewed 4275 times
cacti2.jpg
cacti2.jpg (110.55 KiB) Viewed 4275 times
Jangaudi

Re: Cacti seedling growth in 3 days?

Post by Jangaudi »

Certainly no cactus sprouts, probably no succulent sprouts either, but who knows some might still come up, though my gut feeling will have to disappoint you. Better buy from a serious dealer.
Fatich

Post by Fatich »

None of them are cactus.
Get your seeds from a reputable seller.
FredBW

Post by FredBW »

I somehow question your method of sterilizing in the microwave. The soil has to be damp for it to work. Not sure what else could have gone wrong. But it just looks to me like sterilization didn't work.
As said,I would get seeds from somewhere like Mesa gardens. If you are going to take the time and trouble. You will know what you are getting. And they are very reasonable.
But i would take a hard look at sterilization process before trying again.
anttisepp

Post by anttisepp »

That's why it's better to use sterile sand first ½ year. ))
Jangaudi

Post by Jangaudi »

Oh, yes, I forgot to consider the concept of weeds popping up due to bad sterilisation. Do you have any close up of the actual seeds you got ? Can't see a thing.