Sansevieria new growth

Anything relating to Succulents that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Mrs.Green

Sansevieria new growth

Post by Mrs.Green »

I bought this little Sansevieria last year .( possible Fernwood? ) Tallest leaves about 15 cm high . Since it was potted in a small pot( 5 cm) I repotted it in a larger pot. I noticed that it looked to be several single leaf cuttings placed together in a pot. This year it has produced new growth but they don’t look much like the ‘original’ leaves. Will the new leaves ‘roll’ togethef as they got taller or is the ‘problem’ caused by the fact that the new growth comes from leaves and not cutting? Something similar as if you take a leafcutting from a Sansevieria with golden edges, the new growth will be just green?

Terrible pic I know but I wasn’t up to petting the Opuntia neighbour to getting it out.. :mrgreen:
Attachments
250A6C3C-99D7-455E-9953-F41A3F3B8541.jpeg
250A6C3C-99D7-455E-9953-F41A3F3B8541.jpeg (178.75 KiB) Viewed 2956 times
BryanT

Re: Sansevieria new growth

Post by BryanT »

It's common for Sansevieria cylindrica to grow pups with normal looking leaves. They'll will grow cylindrical leaves when they mature.
The new pups will take quite long time before growing cylindrical leaves, so if you want the mature plants always look cylindrical, you can remove and repot the pups.
Bryan
---------------------------------------------------
Mrs.Green

Re: Sansevieria new growth

Post by Mrs.Green »

Thanks a lot BryanT 🙂 No, I don’t mind the ‘new’ form on the new leaves, I was just wondering why they looked that way.