Help with two IDs

If you have a cactus plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
kahepo

Help with two IDs

Post by kahepo »

I received two new cacti, and I'm totally lost with their identification again. Could somebody help me with the species?
Attachments
1A.jpg
1A.jpg (101.45 KiB) Viewed 1034 times
1B.jpg
1B.jpg (90.66 KiB) Viewed 1034 times
2A.jpg
2A.jpg (57.64 KiB) Viewed 1034 times
2B.jpg
2B.jpg (79.73 KiB) Viewed 1034 times
anttisepp

Re: Help with two IDs

Post by anttisepp »

1 a clump of Thelocactus bicolor (better to plant separately) keep dry and cool till the spring.
2 very etiolated Rebutia sp. (perplexa??) Needs much sun and dry cool overwintering till the spring. ID will be possible when plant will get it's natural shape and spination (very easy and possible) and flowering. It's NOT chamaecereus if someone try to sell such name. 🙂
Check roots for mealybugs!
Last edited by anttisepp on Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tom in Tucson

Post by Tom in Tucson »

anttisepp wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:51 pm 1 a clump of Thelocactus bicolor (better to plant separately) keep dry and cool till the spring.
2 very etiolated Rebutia sp. Needs much sun and dry cool overwintering till the spring. ID will be possible when plant will get it's natural shape and spination (very easy and possible) and flowering. It's NOT chamaecereus if someone try to sell such name. 🙂
Check roots for mealybugs!
Good IDs and advice. 👍
kahepo

Post by kahepo »

Thanks again for the fast and exact identification and advice, Anttisepp! Rebutia didn't come into my mind at all, because I was only thinking species with hanging or crawling growth habits and nothing seemed to fit. This strong etiolation was unexpected, because the plant had grown on the south window under artificial light at 12-15 C without any mealybugs or other pests. Kiitos!