dudleya brittonii

All about seed grown plants. How-to information, progress reports, show of your results.
promethean_spark

dudleya brittonii

Post by promethean_spark »

This is how I start dudleyas from seed, tray of peat based seed starting mix, tapped on the ripe seed pods over the tray (around sept). Water and cover with a dome and leave in moderate light in the greenhouse all winter, keeping it moist. Typical night lows in the 30's and 40's. Dudleya grow on moss in habitat here usually, and the winter temps are correct for good growth. Usually they're either by the sea where it's very humid, or near running water where, again it's very humid. I'm sure I'll lose a few over the summer while they're dormant.
dudleyas2.jpg
dudleyas2.jpg (142 KiB) Viewed 1982 times
Tom in Tucson

Re: dudleya brittonii

Post by Tom in Tucson »

promethean_spark wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:01 am This is how I start dudleyas from seed, tray of peat based seed starting mix, tapped on the ripe seed pods over the tray (around sept). Water and cover with a dome and leave in moderate light in the greenhouse all winter, keeping it moist. Typical night lows in the 30's and 40's. Dudleya grow on moss in habitat here usually, and the winter temps are correct for good growth. Usually they're either by the sea where it's very humid, or near running water where, again it's very humid. I'm sure I'll lose a few over the summer while they're dormant.
dudleyas2.jpg
Well done! 🖒