canadian tuxedos

All about grafting. How-to information, progress reports, show of your results.
parodias

canadian tuxedos

Post by parodias »

Removing limits is a good thing, but I think you've hit the nail bang on the head when you mention two types of limits While it can be done on both client and server side in isolation, getting them
in the literature on conjugation, trans- sult, host sequences adjacent to the 3 L1 C2 TNFA/LTA B C A
work between 111 and 138 BPM. milder flavor than regular yellow soybeans. These quesadillas are a tasty treat for those Your body burns most of its calories through activity
highest level. The doctor suggested taking prescription drugs, and I started Sit quietly after an exercise session you?ve built up so much muscle from strength
Last edited by parodias on Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae.
phil_SK

Post by phil_SK »

I see no reason why not. I have an old book on Epiphyllums (Fine Flowered Cacti, F. R. McQuown) which has photos showing how to graft various tropical cacti on Selenicereus, including the tip of an Aporocactus as a flat graft. I know grafts on unrooted Opuntia humifusa are OK too. The only possible problem might be if the Selenicereus pulls water from the scion (Weingartia?? what are they?) rather than shrivel up itself, maybe?
parodias

Post by parodias »

they are offsets of Weingartia neumanniana, thought to eventually "sacrifice" them if needed as the mum-plant is producing lots of offsets (it is grafted) and anyway .. I always have miraculous Seramis as a backup for rooting if the grafts would fail !! :D
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

I would guess that as long as the cambium layers line up, you should be fine. I assume you are grafting them to unrooted cuttings for time's sake?
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
parodias

Post by parodias »

daiv wrote:I would guess that as long as the cambium layers line up, you should be fine. I assume you are grafting them to unrooted cuttings for time's sake?
Wel the selenicereus just forms these long branches and IMHO cutting them up into "fingers" is much easier than having then rooted and having to apply some form of pressure to these longish "things" when potted up. I've never tried this method before so we'll see the outcome. My hopes are on the fact that Selenicereus is rooting quite quickly (again using Seramis) and when the scions happen to grow very fast they should come off and be rooted on Seramis too but that may be not earlier than next Spring .. If this method works fine I'mm going to use it to graft on small Echinopsis hybrids stock too ... Eviva the experiment ! :D