Cacti&Succulent Identification

If you have a cactus plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
WildCandle

Cacti&Succulent Identification

Post by WildCandle »

Hello There!

What an awesome website this is!WEll done to the owner!Good Work! :D
I really do need help with identifying my 16plants,if you could kindly take a look at the website(consists of 2pages) i have just made in order for you to see some pics (refresh if not working) i would be so glad.

If you could help me with the identification of some,please post your findings in this forum :)

I would also like to know how i can grow more of these plants by using the plants ive already have either through seeds or pollen(dunno about the pollen one)

Thank you !
http://www.geocities.com/spcapmb/cactia ... tsone.html

PS.Just copy and paste the above url into your webbrowser,i dunno how to make a link on this forum.Then ,when you get to the page click on the "next" button to go to page 2
Cacti&Succulents ROCK!!!
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Cactus #1 is definately Astrophytum ornatum
Cactus #2 may be Ferocactus latispinus, looks dead, however
Cactus #3 may be Echinocereus knippelianus -looks like it's getting too much water
Cactus #4 most likely Thelocactus bicolor
Cactus #5-6 -Mammillaria of some sort
Cactus #7 Can't tell for sure, perhaps a monstrous form of Cleistocactus winteri
Cactus #8 Parodia of some sort perhaps sellowii or werdermanniana
Cactus #9 definately Mammillaria spinosissima
Cactus #10 a Mammillaria not sure on species

Sorry, can't help you on the succulents. However your Cactus 11 is a Lithop not a cactus and your Succulent 1 looks like a Mammillaria. Perhaps matudae.

by the way thanks for the compliments! :wink:
eduart

Post by eduart »

Succulent #5 - Faucaria tigrina. Belongs to Aizoaceae family, Ruschioideae subfamily, Stomatium group. Comes from South Africa and likes full sun, but do it gradually if it was placed in shade. Do not overwater it and wait until the soil is completely dry.
mavaz

Post by mavaz »

Hi. As Daiv wrote, the 11 is not a cacti the name of the genus is Lithops.
The succulent 2 seems Hawortia, may be H. cimbyformis, and the succulent 3 and 5 belomgs to the genus Faucaria, as Eduart wrote about succulent 5. I can?t help with the succulent 4. But i think that the reproduction by cutting is posible.Good Look.
Last edited by mavaz on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
LadyStar

Post by LadyStar »

Succulent 1 looks like Mammillaria carmenae.