Deference for Succulents

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
daiv
Site Admin

Deference for Succulents

Post by daiv »

Hello Everyone!

You probably already noticed the new forum about succulents. Although CactiGuide.com is dedicated to the identification of Cacti and the forum is set up for that purpose also, it cannot be denied that many Cacti-enthusiast also have an affinity for many other types os succulents. In addition, information about other succulents can be quite useful for those new to the hobby by helping them avoid looking in the wrong place to find the name for a plant that isn't even a cactus.

I hope this new section proves useful to everyone.

Daiv
PS. As I am not much of a succulent guy, you won't find a lot of answers from me. John will definately be leading the way in that section.
Last edited by daiv on Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
Dominique

Post by Dominique »

Great ! Thank you very much ! I like cacti over all but I like all plants and I do have some succulents in my collection like a 25 year-old crassula ovata and some younger plants that I like a lot.
Dominique
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Oh yeah, This is John's idea, by the way...
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
ihc6480

Post by ihc6480 »

daiv wrote:Oh yeah, This is John's idea, by the way...
I was wondering who to lay the blame on :lol:

I'm not much of a succulent person either but I think it's a nice idea of a succulent section.
Never know, I might decide to add some accent plants to my garden :wink:

Bill
JuanKilo

Post by JuanKilo »

Oh yeah, This is John's idea, by the way...
:lol:

I had thought of suggesting this to you myself Daiv, just after finding your website. It's only natural in a way I think, as cactus often grow within the shade of another plant growing in their vicinity. At times the two groups are very closely related, yet so different.

Looking foward to the succulent forum.