Lithops for John

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
Mike

Lithops for John

Post by Mike »

Hi,

Despite the fact that we have killed half of the lithops we got, Ana seems to have taken to them. Best on that score is that I learned that John has quite a collection of them (He has some great pics somewhere on this site). Here are the five we got. Strangely, ours seem to be splitting while those elsewhere that know what they are doing are flowering.

All help appreciated.

Mike and Ana
templegatejohn

Post by templegatejohn »

Hi Mike,

The one bottom centre is almost certainly Lithops marmorata v. elisae. The one to the right of it looks like a form of schwantesii. The one to the left is a variety of lesliei. The green one top left is difficult, there are many that look the same. Depending on the size I would say if it is quite a large head it could be lesliei v. 'Storms's Albinigold', if it flowers with a gold [yellow] flower. If it flowers with a white flower it is lesliei v. 'Albinica'. If it has a smallish head it could be bromfieldii v. insularis sulphurea. The reddish one to the right could be one of many. The colour suggest a variety of aucampiae, but without the plant in my hand I would just be guessing.

Lithops can be difficult to ID and if you can get them labelled with C No.'s so much the better.

Cheers,
John
gunhat

Post by gunhat »

Nice lithops. John certainly knows his stuff. Top left must be lesleii. My sulphurea looks different.

It seems that John forgot the one at the far wright which must be L. bromfieldii menellii

Gunnar
Mike

Post by Mike »

Thanks guys. The green one is most likely lesliei v. 'Albinica' since it has a large head, and just flowered white, the first lithops I have to flower. :D