Split rock type

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
Mike

Split rock type

Post by Mike »

Hi,

I has thought this was pleiospilos of some type, but it looks more like a cheiridopsis in my book on succulents. I have never seen one before, however, so I wonder if that is likely.

Thanks Mike
templegatejohn

Post by templegatejohn »

Hi Mike,

A difficult one. It could well be a Cheiridopsis, it may also be one of the larger Conophytums. I have one or two very similar to your plant.

John
Buck Hemenway

Post by Buck Hemenway »

Mike,

Take a look at Desert Tropicals, they have pics on all of their named cheiridopsis. Take your pick of about 4 of them. This is a pretty common one in the trade here, but I wouldn't count on any of the suppliers names being 100% correct.

Buck
Buck Hemenway
Mike

Post by Mike »

Thanks guys

Looks somewhat like pillansii, but as Buck says others are similar. I saw a brownii var robusta on another site that looked more like it.

Am I correct that the entire visible plant is the leaf? I do not see any visible stem. The largest of them is about 2.5 inches high, and splits about 1 inch up, and 1.5 inches wide. That seems larger than the sizes listed on DT, or the Succulents Dictionary.

Mike