Domaine de Courson, France

Share info and Pictures about gardens, parks, nurseries, and other locations with cacti.
Dominique

Domaine de Courson, France

Post by Dominique »

This exhibition takes place in May and in October, every year, in the park of a nice castle. It is about all plants, not only cacti and succulents. 250 nurseries of all kinds participate. A few pictures of our favorite plants and of the place...

Dominique
templegatejohn

Post by templegatejohn »

Hi Dominique,

Nice castle and nice photographs. Thanks for sharing them. As I have said before on the Forum I live on the estate of a large Elizabethan house called Temple Newsam. Lord Darnley the husband of Mary Queen of Scots lived there at one time. The estate dates back to the Knights Templars in the 12th century. The grounds are now parkland and the house is open to the public, so your photographs are in a very similar setting.

John
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Hey Dominique,

Looks like a pleasant place to spend an afternoon. Some really nice plants there too. Is this mainly a sale or do they have a show and sale?

Daiv
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
ondy

Post by ondy »

Wow that's fancy Dominique. Looks like a good time. I really like that plant in the sixth pictures andy ideas on what that is?

Andy
Dominique

Post by Dominique »

Hello Andy,
This plant is crassula gollum. Some crassula do make very nice bonsais.
Dominique
Dominique

Post by Dominique »

Hello, John,
Where you live is certainly a very beautiful place. Are there photos available or a website about it ?
Dominique
Dominique

Post by Dominique »

Hi, Daiv,
It is not a show but a sale. Amazingly, in this country, there are no plants shows. It exists only for cats, dogs, cows... And they also propose a few lectures. This year, the theme was about what plants grow well in chalky soil.
It was my first time there and I'll certainly go again but it is quite expensive compared to ELK in Belgium. Perhaps because it is very close to Paris...
Dominique
templegatejohn

Post by templegatejohn »

Hi Dominique,

Yes there are a number of web sites, here is one of them. My room is the third on the left in the west wing. You may be able to see me waving. The window cleaning bill is larger than the national debt. (only joking).

http://www.leeds.gov.uk/templenewsam/

Cheers,
John
Dominique

Post by Dominique »

You forgot to mention which floor so I'm not sure who is waving :roll:
What a place ! Thank you for the link.
Dominique
DieTer-Xz

Post by DieTer-Xz »

Interesting :). I just love the Faucaria's...