Cactus Thief!

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
nhhoney

Cactus Thief!

Post by nhhoney »

Beware of a guy named Michael in WI....aka mr_firefly...aka poizzuniv He has stolen plants from 4 people including myself on another forum.
He offers echinopsis schick hybrids, variegated san pedro cuttings and seeds. He will take every plants you send him and you will get nothing in return.
In may '07 he was poizzuniv...in Dec '07 he was mr_firefly. Im sure he will be back under another name and maybe in another forum. Beware!!
Lewis_cacti

Post by Lewis_cacti »

:shock: im pretty sure that i saw that guy online just a few days ago.
mrfirefly rings a bell, i saw him on this page:
http://www.cactiguide.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5572
bottom post.
nhhoney

Post by nhhoney »

Thats the one....DON'T send him anything! 4 of Us did and still have received NOTHING. He is quick to answer emails until he gets your plants.
Read the rate and review exchanges on GW.
He is a liar and a thief.
MichaelCactus

Post by MichaelCactus »

:? Thats just bloody wrong, i hope this person gets what ever is coming to him.
Completely Confused, yet Completely Addicted.
Spikey1007

Post by Spikey1007 »

Oh dear i hope the cactus community doesnt become ruthless.

Not trying to doubt your judgement but how long grace period have you given him to asnwer your email?

He might be busy at this moment in time and therfore had no time to send you an email on why you have no plant return.
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Yes indeed, I have long been against negative feedback as it can get out of hand.

As for trading plants. So if someone has 1 or 2 posts, don't trade with them. Setting up trading was something I was reluctant to do because of this reason. Trade only with others that are active on the forum. If someone posts regularily and shows an interest in being part of the community, then it is far less likely that they will do something to get them 'banned' from the group.

If we follow this, we won't have to worry about this kind of activity. Being a valuable member here takes time -too much time to make a few one-sided trades worth doing.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
nhhoney

Post by nhhoney »

ALL of this was before Christamas! This is not a case of someone being busy or forgetting. This man has taunted us in emails more than once since. The proof is at GW rate and review trades.
I for one dont like losing plants to dishonest people....I BOUGHT 2 of these plants to trade and received nothing. You can check it out for yourself, he's done this more than once in '07 I generally dont give NEG. feedback either but this guy has well earned it. I'm just trying to prevent others from losing plants to this guy as the 4 of us did in Dec. and others under his old name in May.