Lordarutha's Grow List.

This forum is reserved for you to post a list of what you grow and/or what you want to trade -no discussion posts please
parrotsheaven

Post by parrotsheaven »

lordarutha wrote:Hi Betty, mine is not the best specimen I have ever seen, found it in a bargain bucket looking pretty sorry for itself :(
Hey Paul, love it !!!!!!!

Bargain bucket can never find anything in one of these. Don't get much where I live of any sort of cacti let alone one of these marked down :lol:
mjazz

Post by mjazz »

Lewis_cacti said
im particularly envious about your ariocarpus range. i dont have even one, mainly becasue they are extremely rare and extremely expensive here.
I first read about Ariocarpus fissuratus years ago & the book said that they were so hard to grow, you had to plant them in two pots and only water the outer one. And then I found them for sale at the dept. store I worked in, bareroot in a carton along with some typical "cactus soil"! This was 1975, and I've had a few of them ever since: they have bloomed only a few times and they certainly don't look like they have grown much, if at all. I read that one 'collecter' in Europe got one illegally as a 'paper weight' and it cost him $250. Can you get the seed? It might be possible to grow them that way. I read once what you have to go through to get plants into Australia; from what I understand, it's a royal pain (I don't know if you have that expression there) 8)
parrotsheaven

Post by parrotsheaven »

Lewis_cacti wrote:im particularly envious about your ariocarpus range. i dont have even one, mainly becasue they are extremely rare and extremely expensive here.
Hey Lewis I would not call them rare here just not offered for sale much :lol: Get some seeds........ so by the time you are my age you will have a beautiful BIG ario :wink:
Lewis_cacti

Post by Lewis_cacti »

parrotsheaven wrote: hey Lewis I would not call them rare here just not offered for sale much :lol: Get some seeds........ so by the time you are my age you will have a beautiful BIG ario :wink:
:lol: sounds like a plan... now where do i get the seeds?
MichaelCactus

Post by MichaelCactus »

Wow great list Paul! Im drooling over your Astro and Ario range aswell. Maybe ill get some seeds someday and give them a go, i might have to try some other cacti 1st to get the method ok.
Completely Confused, yet Completely Addicted.