Betty's (Parrotsheaven) Growlist

This forum is reserved for you to post a list of what you grow and/or what you want to trade -no discussion posts please
parrotsheaven

Post by parrotsheaven »

MichaelCactus wrote:Wow Betty, i knew you had a great collection and etc, but seeing your seeds list and plants in photos, im so overwhelmingly jealous! All your Astro hybrids make me drooooooooool!
Hey Betty, if Lewis is offering a crummy little seedling, ill offer you this great rare species of Echinopsis, atleast 6 or 7 times bigger than your Ario seedling! What ya say.... :P
Get real :lol: :lol: :lol:
MichaelCactus

Post by MichaelCactus »

darn! I thought i had a real bargain here :( :lol:
Completely Confused, yet Completely Addicted.
parrotsheaven

Post by parrotsheaven »

Hey Michael what do you have in your collection?
You should have seen some of the ones I had when I first started.........I would buy any that I saw till I realised what other beauties are out there.
I do get occasional ones from markets especially if it takes my eye.
I have to like the look of them, I like the unusual ones as I call them with different spines and lots of wool :)
MichaelCactus

Post by MichaelCactus »

Umm what do i have.. I have 3 Eiosyce species (Clavata, Occulta and an unknown), 3 Feros, 2 Echinopsis Oxygona's+Offsets, 2 Astro's, a few Mamms, Couples of "Wooly" ones, few other columnars, 4 or 5 Opuntia species and etc. Not really sure, at the market i just buy what interests me, or i havent seen around before. I like Feros and Astro's and Eriosyce so i think they will be main focus's.

Are you into a specific species, as im completely confused as what i want to focus, i havent got enough cacti of different spiecies and availability to know what yet.
parrotsheaven

Post by parrotsheaven »

Its hard when you start. I would buy anything and everything. I have more columnar ones now and I will always keep getting more in the fero's, astrophytums and melocactus the list is just too big.

You will eventually work out what you really want but I think what you have said is a good start. You have to remember I have not been growing cactus for that long 6/7 years only :D

You should see the seeds I just planted. I don't know why but I got heaps of mamm's and lots of arios. I got the mamm's for the flowers. Just hope the arios germinate. Also some discocactus, melo's and astro varieties. They have been sitting around for ages so hope they are still OK

Betty
MichaelCactus

Post by MichaelCactus »

Only 6/7 years, you have great plants!

Im not really a fan of Mamms, tiny flowers, and alot look the same, for flowers i like big ones like Echinopsis and etc.
I hope they go ok, especially those Ario and Astro, how many do you think will survive?
parrotsheaven

Post by parrotsheaven »

Michael, I have to get them to germinate first :D If the seeds are still viable they should be up in 5/10 days. I will keep you posted
The mamms I got from memory had larger flowers than normal. Must look them up again :lol: