Books for sale

Share information on Cacti Books, Websites, Periodicals, etc.
peterb

Books for sale

Post by peterb »

I'm trying to convert some amazing but little used (by me) books into a seed propagator and gas money for more habitat trips. :lol:

Yucca I: Dehiscent-fruited species of US and Canada
list price: 99 euros/$156 USD
Yucca II: Indehiscent-fruited species of US and Canada
list price: 99 euros/$156 USD
Yucca III: Mexico
list price: 79 euros/$125 USD

by Fritz Hochstaetter, the first comprehensive treatment of this genus in many years. Beautiful hardback books with tons of color plates, reproductions of original descriptions and lots of habitat and biosystematic data. Hochstaetter's botanical writing has gotten very clean and focused over the past years. Most authorities knowledgeable in this genus have strongly endorsed this treatment.

Illustrated Handbook of Succulent Plants: Monocotyledons
list: $160

This is one of a series, edited by Urs Eggli, providing a very thorough overview of the genera Agave and Aloe as well as Gasteria, Haworthia, and a wide range of other monocotyledenous succulents such as Dioscorea, Doryanthes, Dracaena, Bowiea, Beaucarnea, etc. 32 pages of color photos.

Illustrated Handbook of Succulent Plants: Crassulaceae
list: $150
Also edited by Urs Eggli, 340 color photos, everything Crassulaceaen including Adromischus, Aeonium, Cotyledon, Crassula, Dudleya, Echeveria, Graptopetalum, etc, etc, etc. Extensive descriptions and additional info, including of nothospecies and cultivars.

PM me if you're interested in some or all and we can talk terms. Selling for far below not only list but also the discounted prices at other booksellers.

Help me fix the radiator of my car and grow more cacti to give away to forum members in 3-5 years! :lol:

peterb
Zone 9
Tony

Post by Tony »

If you buy a replacement rad and think you can make the drive to Chino, I could swap it out for ya,
But it would probably cost ya more than a new radiator in gas. :(
Forget the dog...Beware of the plants!!!

Tony