Share your pets here

Post your non-cacti or non-succulent related posts here -some topics not allowed -see forum rules.
dustin0352

Post by dustin0352 »

Well here are my critters....

Starting off with the Cats is MAX

Then we have daddys lil princess MIRA
The fish tank which is a 60gal. but currently only have a handfull inhabiting the tank...They like to fight to the death sometimes :(

last but not least we have Sweetpea. Just completed her sheding and looking for mice!!
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Nice variety Dustin!
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
Tony

Post by Tony »

Dustin wrote
They like to fight to the death sometimes

African chichlids are fiesty little devils. You will probably (hopefully) just end up with a breeding pair in the end.
Or one real big one. :lol:

Sweetpea is cool. 8)
Forget the dog...Beware of the plants!!!

Tony
Saguaro123

Post by Saguaro123 »

MAX looks so much like my neighbor's cat. What kind is it.
John C

Post by John C »

Nice ball! 8)
John In Fort Worth, Texas
"Where the West begins"
dustin0352

Post by dustin0352 »

Thank you everyone, I still want to get a tortoise of any kind just really hard to find them in petstores around here.

Tony my chichlids use to be great..I had 15 of em but ever since they decided to gang up at eat my 9inch pleco they have been blood hungry beasts. Now im down to 5 of em....

Byron, about Max.... not sure what he is, my wife went to the pound one day and came home with this crazy guy (kitten at the time). but hes a good cat, we have both of them trained to sit and roll over for treats, dont know how we did it,but they just started it lol.

But thanks again everyone on the complements of me critters.
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Dustin,
If you want a tortoise, this is your answer:

http://jaxherp.tripod.com/league.htm

I'd bet there are countless numbers of them looking for good homes - especially if you are looking for a Sulcata!
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
dustin0352

Post by dustin0352 »

Thanks for the link Daiv. Just today on our weekend drive through Daytona Beach I happend to find a new reptile store. Although they were closed cause they were attending their both at the Daytona 500 carnival(which i know better to try to attempt that mass of people) but i will check them out sunday afternoon to see if they have any little guys needing homes.
Di

OMG.....

Post by Di »

I love this thread. All of your pets are gorgeous. The photos are outstanding. Another reason for me to learn how to use my digital camera this summer and how to post pictures.
I have a 19 year old African Grey, 3 rescue cats, a rescue dog from Greece (my previous dog was a street dog I brought home from Cozumel, Mexico), 3 budgies and my newest, the sweetest little African Pygmy hedgehog. I will have to try and get pictures of her next to some spiny cacti. It will be hard to tell which is mammal and which is plant! :lol:
ihc6480

Re: OMG.....

Post by ihc6480 »

Di wrote:I love this thread. All of your pets are gorgeous. The photos are outstanding. Another reason for me to learn how to use my digital camera this summer and how to post pictures.
I have a 19 year old African Grey, 3 rescue cats, a rescue dog from Greece (my previous dog was a street dog I brought home from Cozumel, Mexico), 3 budgies and my newest, the sweetest little African Pygmy hedgehog. I will have to try and get pictures of her next to some spiny cacti. It will be hard to tell which is mammal and which is plant! :lol:
Heck yeah, read that camera manual and get to taking pictures. I think hedgehogs are so cute :)
Bill

If it sticks ya or pokes ya, I like it
Di

Re: OMG.....

Post by Di »

ihc6480 wrote:
Di wrote:I love this thread. All of your pets are gorgeous. The photos are outstanding. Another reason for me to learn how to use my digital camera this summer and how to post pictures.
Heck yeah, read that camera manual and get to taking pictures. I think hedgehogs are so cute :)
I'll work on it! Hannah Rose is a chocolate snowflake pinto. She was born in September and weighs less than a pound. Cute as a button and because she is like a cactus, my dog is afraid of her. My cats on the other hand like my cacti and they rub their faces on Hannah Rose for a good scratch. :roll:
Eupho-Sue

Post by Eupho-Sue »

My oldie Pickle is 14yrs blind and officially senile. But she is gorgeous.
You will obey the collie's eyes. Bobby is 20 months and has been with me since Jan 4th this year. He was unwanted, under fed, covered in fleas, had never been in a house and had never been walked. All that has now changed and he has a real cushy number.

Sue
John C

Post by John C »

What cute dogs! :)
John In Fort Worth, Texas
"Where the West begins"
CelticRose

Post by CelticRose »

Cute doggies! :D
My mind works in mysterious ways.

I'm all a-Twitter: http://twitter.com/RosCeilteach

My needlework blog: http://rainbowpincushion.blogspot.com
ihc6480

Post by ihc6480 »

Nice looking dogs Sue. Pickle looks like a sweetheart :)
Bill

If it sticks ya or pokes ya, I like it