Share your pets here

Post your non-cacti or non-succulent related posts here -some topics not allowed -see forum rules.
Micaela

Re: Share your pets here

Post by Micaela »

Ooooooh I love your Archie, Whiskey, Ozzie and Kobi!!! They are adorable!
Your aquarium is also beautiful, even if I don't like so much aquariums in general.. I like the fishes, I just don't like the aquariums, but it doesn't matter ;)
-Micci
It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.
RachelH

Post by RachelH »

This is my little dog, Charlie.
Attachments
DSC02647.JPG
DSC02647.JPG (46.9 KiB) Viewed 17221 times
RachelH

Re: Share your pets hereAnd

Post by RachelH »

And these are my degus, Chip and Dale.
Attachments
we are cute! (Chip N Dale).JPG
we are cute! (Chip N Dale).JPG (58.82 KiB) Viewed 17219 times
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

They're so cute! :D
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
JamesEG

Post by JamesEG »

Micaela wrote:Ooooooh I love your Archie, Whiskey, Ozzie and Kobi!!! They are adorable!
Your aquarium is also beautiful, even if I don't like so much aquariums in general.. I like the fishes, I just don't like the aquariums, but it doesn't matter ;)
Thanks :D Yeah they're great :) The aquarium can get a bit time consuming from cleaning and replacing the filter sponges etc. and the fish eat a lot of food! But I think it's worth it as it is very beautiful! :D
bambi135

Post by bambi135 »

I have a 3 year old Pomeranian called Marley, a Paradise fish called Jelly that I've now owned a couple of months, and I live with my parents who have a 3 year old English Cocker Spaniel called Bramble :)
Attachments
Marley after a haircut...
Marley after a haircut...
992956_10200173792812200_203519127_n.jpg (27.46 KiB) Viewed 17190 times
Jelly. He's in a proper tank now, btw. Was just in that until I set the other up properly :)
Jelly. He's in a proper tank now, btw. Was just in that until I set the other up properly :)
971918_10200138713575241_735140266_n.jpg (20.06 KiB) Viewed 17190 times
Bramble
Bramble
294703_2079391949060_1635127201_n.jpg (24.97 KiB) Viewed 17190 times
Last edited by bambi135 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eutow_Intermedium

Post by Eutow_Intermedium »

That just about sais everything. Photobucket works. Definately need to get another one of these then.

Just thought i'd share some pics of my terrible twosome Frankie and Esme.

This was when Esme was younger , not much more than a large kitten. They were both the same size at the time.

Ha ha

I got Frankie in 2008 ( late ) He got hit by a tram at Ampere way ( croydon ) not far from where the IKEA is and the two ex Croydon power station chimney's.
He was spreading sanguine everywhere , and at the time I though. What do I do , leave him here to get hit by another tram. He ends up in the dual carriage way and gets run over. Or the local fox has him later that night.

Looking back to my Uncle Bill ( R.I.P )

I decided to pick him up and take him to IKEA and ask them if they had a cardboard box I could have to put him in. The came back with a suitable cardboard box with a swing lid " sweet " , so I put him in there. Thats where it all began realy. I did'nt realy have a propper name for him until two years ago. he used to me called Mankee.

My black cat came from the girl next door. I had asked her that if she had a kitten left that I might consider having one. I went for a while not seing her , and then one day I bumped inter her again in the communal and asked her if she still had any kittens left. She said she had one left , a black cat and it was a female. This must have been the runt of the litter. So I took her on and gave Daniella £40 for herself.

The cat came to me complete with fleas and I had to try and treat these. And later my mother took it into her own hands to get her Knobbled , spayed or neutered as it were. I was gutted by this ! But then she was on heat evry other week and it was driving me nuts.

Mumsy said , she cant have kittens , she's too small it will kill her. She is a very small cat. maybe it's because she is the runt of the litter , but her mother was very slim and lightweight too. Princess was never knobbled and was ill treated and had to be put down after getting an infection after catchin mainge from local foxes. I cant realy forgive Daniella for that. * shakes head * I told her to take her to the vet and even gave her a buisness card for a vet practice I was going to at the time. But she pleaded tat she never had the money or the time .

I was going to call her Florin , but then I thought Esme. But in the end I took her to the vets one day and the Scottish woman there on the computer , rolled her R's and put it into the computer wrong. So my cat ended up being Esme Florine instead of Esme Florin. But i'm easy with that

Esme Florine at the front door with all her Silver regalia

Esme Florine and Frankie

Enjoy . .

Last edited by Eutow_Intermedium on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eutow_Intermedium

The only video I have of Esme Florine's mummy cat. R.I.P Princess

Play time

bambi135

Post by bambi135 »

^^ Esme is beautiful! I'm hoping to get a black cat when I move out, and would like a male, but I picked the name Esme (from Twilight) for an emergency female name. Call me crazy for picking emergency names, but when I bout Marley, the first hour and a half I thought I had a little girl, and called her Autumn. Right up until my mum picked her up, and she was a he... Shocked to say the least. Haha! x
Eutow_Intermedium

The real echinus

Everybody thinks I got the name Esme from Twilight , but it's not the case. I got it from a racy paperback book years ago called Suburban Souls.

Your dog looks charming to me , but I have a feeling he might be the kind of dog that barks a lot and is very protective * shakes * . Is that Bob Marley , or marley and me ?

Here is a picture of a Hedgehog and my cat Esme Florine last night when I came back to my flat at 2.00 in the morning to discover a hooj Hedgehog in my communal. Hedgehogs must be having a hard time in this Mini heatwave in the UK. My thoughts are that they are dehydrated or suffering from lack of food. Due to it being so dry , slugs , worms and snails obviously are'nt coming out at night. And the hedgies are being forced out of area to look for food and drink.

I have given him some water , but he has yet to touch the cat food. I will continue to give him water.

I certainly am not going to release him during the day , at least not in this heat. I'll wait until I come home later tonight and then take him in the carrier on the front of my Ex Postie bike to my local Country park.

------

Outside in the communal

Esme Florine does'nt know what to make of this prickly and long nose guinea pig { 'Y' }

Stocked up on water and cat food to taste. the food is behind the hedgie.

Eutow_Intermedium

I've been looking after an old ladies garden in my old town for over 10 years ago. In the early 2000's I used to lodge there before I got my own flat.

I have a small collection of plants in the conservatory there.

Here's a picture of my right hand bunny boy Schneeball. He's a chinchilla Blue and i've had him since 2005. =^_^=

Also barbara's Guinea pigs { 'Y' } { 'Y' }

Warner the male , the smoother looking one.

&

Princess black warts as I call her ( Gloria ) the female. The one with the dark head.

Last edited by Eutow_Intermedium on Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eutow_Intermedium

I released the Hedgehog tonight about 10.00 pm , in a local Country Park to me.

He was taking his time. Sniffing , stopping , turning , sniffing , stopping , sitting up , turning before sitting up again and having one last sniff as the moon shone in.

He finaly darted into a clump of Japanese Knotweed.

Took 15 or 20 minutes for him to emerge from the basket.
bambi135

Post by bambi135 »

Eutow, he's a really good dog. He does bark, but only when he's laid on the sofa and see's people outside, but it's quiet where I live, so not all day. He also barks alot when I walk him, if he see's other dogs or cats, but apart from that he's a really good little guy. Very intelligent, obidient dog are Pomeranians :)

His name as I say was a bit of a quick think, emergency name. I'd had my heart set on a girl called Autumn for a few years, so the first 2 days I had him I was calling him Puppy while I scouted my brain for boy names. I couldn't pick between 3 in the end, Marley, Teddy and Koda. My Mum said she didn't like Koda, and I thought Marley suited him. It didn't really come from either, but I do remember realising he had the same name as Marley and Me. Funny when we watch that movie, he runs in and stands infront of the television thinking someone's shouting him. Haha x
Eutow_Intermedium

Just arrived at the house at Nash's Garden today to hear sad news from Old Barbie.

Warner the Guinea Pig has died after a short illness

{ 'Y' }

R.I.P my lil friend

You were no trouble boy, such a nice piggie. Was only five : (

Heaven need another Guinea Gabriel it seems and took you a bit too young than was necessary.
melodies

Post by melodies »

I had a guinea pig until a few years ago. They hide sickness very well, you must be extremely observant to catch it before it is too late and even then resort to things like syringe-feeding. Mine, Percy, survived a few colds throughout his life that way only to die of cancer. Well, he was nine... My sympathies, guinea pigs can be such good friends.
-Jolene

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
-Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy