BIG log in problems

A place to post thoughts, errors, praise, or other comments about CactiGuide.com
Barrymore

BIG log in problems

Post by Barrymore »

Hi,
In the home page I type in my user name and password
and click login?
This same login page keeps on returning, requiring me to time and again re-enter the info.
After about ten times I might get thru and the top of the page shows that I am logged in. When I go to
my profile or forums I am required to fill in the info again and again, as I am now shown as not being logged in.
Same problem when I submit or reply to a post.
This post creator page shows that I am logged in, yet when I submit it I am taken back to the forum index page ans shown as logged out.
After numerous attempts I eventually succeed.
Totally confusing and frustrating.
Can someone please help?
peterb

Post by peterb »

Hi Barrymore- I've had this happen as well, for two different reasons. First, it was because I had my bookmark set for the old server instead of the new server, the cactus mall. After I reset my bookmark and was going directly to the cactus mall server it stopped happening.

The second time it turned out to be a problem with my own DSL provider, with frequently interrupted service. Once our phone company fixed the DSL I haven't been having trouble.

Your problem may be caused by something entirely different.

peterb
Zone 9
CoronaCactus

Post by CoronaCactus »

Correct, As Peter said, you may be going to the old server (which should not exist anymore, but the cyber world is not perfect)

You may want to make sure you have all your user names and passwords (for all sites you use) recorded incase you forget them and then clear your computers cookies and clear the history to start fresh. This should cure the problem. The first time you come back to CactiGuide after clearing everything, type the URL (http://www.cactiguide.com) into your browser, do not use a bookmark.
Barrymore

Post by Barrymore »

Thanks guys,
So far so good. I've deleted History and Cookies.
Typed in password once and immediately got to this post creator page.

I do not use bookmarks - I don't even know what
they're about.
I tried to submit this post about six times now but the logon page keeps on re-appearing.

I've now unchecked the bookmarks option for this site. Still no joy.

I will now copy and paste this post after logging in again.
peterb

Post by peterb »

how frustrating that must be! When I was having internet connection problems from my home I was composing all my messages in a text program, copying, logging on and as quickly as possible pasting, posting...crossed fingers.

I hope you find a permanent solution.

peterb
Zone 9