New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
EchoRock

Post by EchoRock »

Hello everyone! I signed up back in March and I've been debating if I should get involved with another forum, but this one is for fun and I've noticed a few people from my area. I've been crazy over cacti since I was a kid and they have always facinated me. I have always wanted to get involved with a club like Gates in Redlands but I just never could find the time. Maybe I can share some of my photos of my collection and everyone can help me with i.d.ing them. I've never really been up on names, species and all but I just like watching them grow and bloom. I've been collecting for off and on like I said since I was a kid but most of what I have is probably not much older than 20-25-years max. I'll try to get some pictures of some of my good stuff soon. Heres a link for some photos. http://picasaweb.google.com/jdatin/DatinDesigns
CoronaCactus

Post by CoronaCactus »

Welcome!
I think i know where your time is spent...what a freakin incredible yard! I'm speachless.

Gates is a great club, hope you do find the time, we'd love to have you join up. Our next meeting is June 4th and theres a big show & sale June 14th.

wait...that wasn't the good stuff!?!? Oh boy, can't wait 8)
cactuspolecat

Post by cactuspolecat »

Welcome from me too! I echo Darryl's words, I'm gobsmacked... I love all the stone work in your yard, Is that some of your work? I love the water features, love the cacti, you've certainly got some nice plants there, nice irises too.

CP
"To be held in the heart of a friend is to be a king!" ...Bruce Cockburn.

G'day from down under in Devonport, Taz, the HEART of Oz.
Tony

Post by Tony »

Wow! :o Beautiful place, thanks for shareing.
I agree with Darryl, Stop by and check us out if you can. lot's of great people just krazy about they're plants.
Forget the dog...Beware of the plants!!!

Tony
Bill in SC

Post by Bill in SC »

<Hello everyone! I signed up back in March and I've been debating if I should get involved with another forum,>

I tell you, it is mighty easy to get overextended in forum participation, but I will say that this is a worthy one, with many great people and lots of good information. Your photos look GREAT. TFS! Welcome from sunny South Carolina!
Bill in SC
Keepin' the blues alive!
http://tela.sugarmegs.org/_asxtela/
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Wow! Quite a setup! I'm surprised to see so many Iris. They are quite popular up here in MN, but you don't see them so much out there.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
John P Weiser

Post by John P Weiser »

Good to have you join the group. I'll be looking forward to your posts. sierrarainshadow
ihc6480

Post by ihc6480 »

Wow, if theres ever a nicest yard contest I know who'll be a contendor :shock:
Good to have on the forum and can't wait to see more pictures :)
Bill

If it sticks ya or pokes ya, I like it
EchoRock

Post by EchoRock »

Thanks everyone for bringing out the welcome wagon and for your great comments on the photos. I do have to explain about the photos because there not all my yard! The irises and roses are my wifes babies but the cactus is all my doing but she likes them too! The planters with the irises I built a few months ago specifically for them. Some of the pools and rockwork are jobs that I have done. The work I do is artificial rock and the like and I teach classes on how to build it also. I'm glad I signed up and I'll try to get some more photos soon. Also if anyone is interested I have some cuttings of I think its opuntia (killer orange flowers) and some kind of tall column type cactus. I'll take some photos and anyone can let me know if their interested. Thanks Again, Jeff
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Neat work on the Rock -really cool that you teach others how to do it as well.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti