Im new

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
bodon

Im new

Post by bodon »

Hi everyone, my name is Andrew and i guess ive always had a green thumb. My first plant was a Christmas cactus that my mom said was, "dead." It was really old and i didnt want to see it die so i took care of it and brought it, now it is 5 times as big and a cutting from it is about half its size. Im more into bonsai but now the cactus bug bit me, not to mention ive always really liked cactuses.
CoronaCactus

Post by CoronaCactus »

Welcome Andrew!
The cactus bug has some serious venom, be prepared for an onslaught of new spiney friends :D
ihc6480

Post by ihc6480 »

Welcome and be warned theres no antidote once you've been bitten by the cactus bug :wink:
Bill

If it sticks ya or pokes ya, I like it
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Howdy Andrew! Glad you made your way to us. Jump in any topic you like!
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
hegar

Post by hegar »

Hello Andrew,
welcome to the cactus forum. I hope, that you are going to find this place worthy of your visit. I too started out growing cacti in a cold environment (Northern Germany). Most households seemed to have either Christmas Cacti (Schlumbergera spp.) or those forming strap-like leaves (Epiphyllum spp.). I had no idea then, that cacti would actually grow in places like Canada. However, I did learn on this forum that not all cacti are exotic plants.

Harald
bodon

Post by bodon »

Thanks to everyone! i already feel welcome. I live here in Pennsylvania and today it was sunny, then cloudy, then sunny, then cloudy, and so on like that all day. Its kind of annoying when you want your cactuses to get some sun and youre worried about rain!