Hi Cacti Community!

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
ThrivingCacti

Hi Cacti Community!

Post by ThrivingCacti »

I'm new to the forum and excited to be here! I live in Atlanta and I've been a growing cacti convert--pun intended. I've been growing store bought cacti and kept them thriving over the past few years.

Now, I'm interested in taking cuttings from my existing cacti and replanting them. And I've successfully grown a cactus from a mixed cacti seed packet. It's three years old and soon I'll take a pic of and post it onto the identification page so the experts can tell me what it is! Also I've grouped a few of my cacti and succulents into arrangements and am now totally enthralled.

Finding a new job in this field is my new dream. I don't have horticulture work experience, nor did I go to school for horticulture, but I'd love to make a big job change. Funny how a hobby can become a passion. My fiancee tells me to go for it, and I trust her judgement. Hopefully I can find a nursery or greenhouse looking for a willing hand to propagate and cultivate cacti.

I look forward to talking with everyone and gaining knowledge and experience. I'm so glad to find a group of people that have similar interests and get the same satisfaction that I do raising these wonderful cacti and succulents.
Sbradford89

Post by Sbradford89 »

greetings! Cant wait to see your photos. I was actually just looking at a mixed seed packet and was wondering if i should attempt it...
So new... So much to discover...Sincerely Shala
CoronaCactus

Post by CoronaCactus »

Hi, welcome!
Great enthusiasim and i hope it works out for you. It did for my wife and i, so anythings possible :)
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Well based on that intro, I think you are just the right person for this group! :wink:

There is lots of info already here and more all the time. You'll find answers to a lot of questions are here already, but feel free to ask for more. :D

Daiv
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
alikat

Post by alikat »

Welcome :wave: Look forward to following your career in cactus, and good luck to you.
Alice

Addicted and lovin' it