New Member in Chico, CA

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
ncox

New Member in Chico, CA

Post by ncox »

:lol: Hello everyone my name is Nadine and I come to you from Chico, California. I enjoy gardening and photography. I have several types of cactus as I am a cactus freak. Today I purchased a new succulent I think is what you call it. Called a String of pearls I am going to plant it in a hanging basket planter. Only 1 nursery in my area had it. And even then I had to travel 45 minutes out to get it. If you want to know more about me feel free to ask.
hegar

Post by hegar »

Hello, I do want to welcome you to the cactus forum. I already read and responded to your post in the "Identification" part of the forum. Looks like you and Bill from Kansas ("Opuntia Bill") have a lot in common. He also does not mind getting pricked by a cactus. However, your favorite one does have barbed spines, making this experience even more painful. It seems like you already are neck-deep into the cactus growing hobby. I also do have a few Cylindropuntia spp. plants. One of them with the wickedest kinds of spines is C. bigelovii. I placed two segments in the ground near the house wall in the box tortoise run, in order to keep a cat out that was defecating there regularly. This action and also placing other Opuntia (prickly pear) pads and Yucca leaves all over the ground has solved the problem.

Harald
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Welcome! I already replied to your post in the "Big Picture Project" section.

Daiv
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
CoronaCactus

Post by CoronaCactus »

An official *welcome* from a fellow Californian 8)

oh CHICO! I read it as CHINO the first time and thought, oh cool another local! That 1 letter mistake has about 1000 miles between it :lol:
alikat

Post by alikat »

Hello :wave:
Alice

Addicted and lovin' it