Senecio

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
Mike

Senecio

Post by Mike »

Hi,

Got some cuttings yesterday at the cactus club. One fellow said Senecio kleinia, (maybe kleiniiformis), but when I googled it they all had mature stems and I couldn't tell. Based on the very small leaf it had, maybe kleiniiformis.
The second I hadn't realized I picked up with the first.
Both are probably too undeveloped for an ID, but Ithought I would see if you had any ideas.

Mike
Buck Hemenway

Post by Buck Hemenway »

Mike,

I don't think the first one is S. Kleinia (kleiniformis). The leaves on that one are much more succulent and shaped a little differently. More likely a S. articulatus grown in full shade. The stalk is also correct for articulatus.

S. kleiniformis (courtesy of Desert Tropicals)

S. articulatus (mine)

The other one is very indeterminate. Could be any of 4 or 5 genera from several continents. The bloom will tell along with some growth with more light.
Buck Hemenway
templegatejohn

Post by templegatejohn »

Hi Mike, yes I would agree with Buck and say it certainly looks like articulatus, although you can tell how long ago it is since I had one. It was called Kleinia articulata then. Should have yellowish flowers.

John