From Escondido California

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
mydogmimi

From Escondido California

Post by mydogmimi »

My name is Duane. What a wonderful discovery is this website and discussion forum. As I am out of the country for several months out of the year(Argentina) and when I am at home (Escondido CA), I work many hours. Therefore, attending society meetings and events is difficult.
My interests vary but, at my home I grow my cacti both in pots and in the ground. The former I have done for years wherever I have lived but the latter presents as a new challenge since my move to So.California 3 years ago. I also have a fairly large collection of Epiphyllums.
I look forward to participating in the forum in all its forms. Hopefully besides asking for advice, I will be able to lend useful ideas when possible.
When I become a bit more technologically astute with my camera and the computer, I will upload some photos of my landscape and plants in general.
Hoping make many "cacti friends". Duane
hablu

Post by hablu »

Duane, be welcome and enjoy yourself.
Harry
Tony

Post by Tony »

Welcome aboard Duane, Looking forward to seeing pics both from your yard and abroad if you ever get a chance to go exploring for native cacti in Argentina.
:)
Forget the dog...Beware of the plants!!!

Tony
CoronaCactus

Post by CoronaCactus »

Welcome to the site Duane!
You have definetely found the right place for cacti knowledge!
I too, look forward to your garden pics 8)
John C

Post by John C »

Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy yourself and learn alot here. I 3 also can't wait to see pics!
John In Fort Worth, Texas
"Where the West begins"
ihc6480

Post by ihc6480 »

Welcome aboard Duane.
No one will ever complain about landscape and garden pictures :wink:
Bill

If it sticks ya or pokes ya, I like it
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Hey Duane, glad you joined up. Post anywhere and don't worry about asking too much advice.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
hegar

Post by hegar »

I also want to say "hello" and "welcome to the forum". I found, that the forum members do not complain even about the most trivial of pictures and the most basic of advice. Do I understand you correctly: You are not having much experience growing cacti in the ground? I do have all my plants in the front and back yards and have been growing them there for a number of years and still have some die. Well, I am still learning, what kind of conditions each plant prefers (light, partial shade, supplemental water or not, etc.). On this forum you can benefit from the experience of all growers, some of it gained from making mistakes. I do wish you lots of luck and success with your cacti.

Harald