If this is not crazy, I don't know what is!!!! :D

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Eustace

If this is not crazy, I don't know what is!!!! :D

Post by Eustace »

It's alive! It's alive!!! Muahahaha! :D

Here is my latest invention! :D I bought this tranformator, capable of giving 12V curent, and 60W power (3x20W

bulbs), and I instaled (only) 2 (of 20W) halogen full spectrum light bulbs! :D And I'll monitor if there is any changers. I also keep an eye on temperature, so I put a stone in the pot, and I can measure temperature of cactus by presing the stone with my finger, I asume that they are the same temperature. :D What do you think? This is just a test, and if this shows any improvement, I'll construct portable "carrier" for 3 light bulbs, alowing them to move in any direction, and instal this "artificial Sun" on one of my big cactuses. :D I'm just thinking whether I should lightning this cactus for 24/7 od just 12hours per day. :D
templegatejohn

Post by templegatejohn »

Hi Eustace, I would certainly only have the lights on for 12 hours to replicate a long day.

John
Eustace

Post by Eustace »

that's how I've been using it! :D But not becuase of cactus, I cant sleep with lights up! :D
nopale

Post by nopale »

the setup looks great to me -- 20 watts is low, but with the bulbs that close to the plant, and being halogens putting off insane heat, I would imagine it's a great solution, giving that little cactus its own desert simulation.

way to go