What species of Lithops?

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
PinkNailPolish

What species of Lithops?

Post by PinkNailPolish »

I was looking up lithops to see what kind I wanted to get, and I saw this picture on ebay.
I love the yellow one, but I can't figure out what species it is. It's the third column, third row.
Thanks. :)
Jackie
templegatejohn

Lithops

Post by templegatejohn »

Hi, Jackie,

Lithops can be very difficult to name correctly as the coloration of their leaf surface can vary considerably, even with the same species.

However you have picked an extremely distinctive one and if you are ready for it I am pretty certain this is the name: Lithops bromfieldii var. insularis cv. "Sulphurea"

Lithops should never be planted in a display with other succulents as they have a totally different growing season and this will cause problems.

They will tolerate intense heat and bright indirect light. I could go on forever, if you need any more advise, just put a post on the forum.

Cheers
John
PinkNailPolish

Post by PinkNailPolish »

Cool thanks. I had a lithops years ago. It gave me a flower once, so I guess I did somewhat good. :) I guess it's just a matter of finding that species now.
Jackie