John C's 2013 Topic

This is a place for members to post on-going topics about their plants and experiences.
gemhunter178

Re: John C's 2013 Topic

Post by gemhunter178 »

Very nice flowers..... :shock: That trigonus! (Very nice others as well!)
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
John C

Post by John C »

Eutow_Intermedium wrote:Nice astrophytum flowers *nods*

And i'm loving that Turb Alonsoi , the way it's flowering on the pups around. The other ones a pretty nice plant too , never had Viereckii myself though.

Liking the artistic capturing on the Echinocereus too , in various positions. lovely flower that.
Thank you for the kind comments!
Alber khan wrote:Beautiful plants.I just love your Ariocarpus trigonus.I am struggling to find a plant or seeds as we don't have them here.
Thank you! What country do you live in? I assume you are not in the United States then...
majcka wrote:I will stop looking your topic. I'm all green with jealousy :mrgreen: .
I'm glad you like the photos. Please don't stop looking! :wink:
gemhunter178 wrote:Very nice flowers..... :shock: That trigonus! (Very nice others as well!)
Thank you! The trigonus is a real gem. I am honored to now have it in my possession.
John In Fort Worth, Texas
"Where the West begins"
John C

Post by John C »

Astrophytum capricorne

"Where the West begins"
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

Very nice Astro flower! I like that kinda flat-looking asterias? to the top right, how old is it?
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
John C

Post by John C »

gemhunter178 wrote:Very nice Astro flower! I like that kinda flat-looking asterias? to the top right, how old is it?

Top right of the middle photo I assume? (The plant in the very far, rear corner of my table) I'm not sure of its age. I have had it for about two years and it was pretty large before then. It is not actually flat, but rather it's pretty tall for an A. asterias. I'll be sure to post a better photo of it in my next bunch of photos. It is a pretty plant! 8)
"Where the West begins"
hoteidoc

Post by hoteidoc »

Very late post, John, but as usual have to compliment you on the wide variety & how Great everything looks =D> . Please don't say they take care of themselves... :roll: Keep up the good work! :D
Once bitten by the cactus collecting/growing bug, there is no known cure!
There's no 12 step programme for Cactaholics...so I shall just have to get some more!!
John C

Post by John C »

hoteidoc wrote:Very late post, John, but as usual have to compliment you on the wide variety & how Great everything looks =D> . Please don't say they take care of themselves... :roll: Keep up the good work! :D
Thanks for the comment! I need to get around to posting photos from this fall....
"Where the West begins"