Official Voting Page -"Cactus Friends" #10

Registered users may enter and vote on their favorite cactus picture!

Which Image in Picture Contest 10 Do You Like Best?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:52 pm

Dominique -echinopsis subdenudata
No votes
Buck Hemenway -Opuntia and ants
9%
Daiv -Pachycereus and wren
2%
Amy -Mammillaria guelzowiana
6%
peterb -Peniocereus johnsonii
2%
hablu -Riphsalis pilacarpa
2%
Spiniflores -Eriosyce subgibbosa
2%
scarmiglio -Echinopsis Pachanoi
No votes
karla -Lizard Epi
4%
legolas29 -Climbing cat
4%
Paracelsus -Cereus Bees
33%
cactusveda -Hungry Caterpillar
No votes
Julia260187 -Gymnocalycium monvillei
2%
neely9820022000 -echinocereus pectinatus
No votes
aajoo -flowery umbrella
No votes
Bill in SC -Bug wars
31%
Tony -desert tortoise
4%

Total votes: 54
daiv
Site Admin

Official Voting Page -"Cactus Friends" #10

Post by daiv »

This is the Official Voting Page for "Cactus Friends" Contest # 10 You are voting on all submissions in this post:

http://www.cactiguide.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2185

Voting will be from August 21 to August 27

See "Announcement: Rules for the Cactus Picture Contest" post to review the rules. Here: http://www.cactiguide.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=888

Happy voting!
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
cactijoe

Post by cactijoe »

I Have to go with those working bees'. Nice shot of those boys doing their thing. Runner up would have to go to the Bill in SC where he filmed the latest Japanese Godzilla like battle taking place on the surface of a spiny arena. "Mortal Combat". -CJ[/b]
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

AMAZING! This was quite a contest! Great pictures from all, but clearly there were two that were favored above rest and almost equally.

Praecereus won the contest by just a single vote!

Incidentally, this was the most votes we've had in a contest yet -54 in all.

Thanks again Harry for picking the topic. Everybody get ready for next week's contest -soon to be announced!
Paracelsus

Post by Paracelsus »

Well, I'm honored to win, but it is pretty obvious from the narrow margin of victory that my own selfish vote made the difference in this contest. :(

I really like Bill's poignant "Last Dance' photo, and Buck's geometrically organized ants taking a break at the ol' Opuntia Pad Saloon is good too. My Cereus Bees photograph was taken four years ago at the Stanford University 'Arizona' garden. It remains one of my favorite cactus shots. I didn't really do much but point the camera. The bees were doing all the hard work.

Thanks to all who voted for my picture even though many of you probably don't know me. I'm new to this particular forum, but not to cacti and succulents. Amy, Bill, and Harry already know me to some degree, so I hope I can make a better impression on the rest of you!

Daiv, I really think the vote was close enough to warrant declaring this contest a tie. Please send the entire cash portion of the winner's prize to Bill. That will help with my guilt. And you win the prize for the most creative mispelling of my adopted name! Praecereus? :)

Everyone should feel free to call me Brad if you prefer. Para works well too.

Thanks for the fun Daiv!
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Paracelsus wrote: And you win the prize for the most creative mispelling of my adopted name! Praecereus? :)
:error: :confused2:

Man, that gave me a good laugh. I honestly don't know what on earth I was thinking when I wrote that! #-o Must have had a momentary lapse of reason.

Well, we've got a tie you say? Hmm. Does that mean we should go into overtime? A tie-breaker poll between the two of you?
Bill in SC

Post by Bill in SC »

LOL!! NO tiebreaker! Brad was the clear cut winner. I always vote for the best pic in these contests. In this contest, I was torn between Buck's ants, Brad's bees, and my own bug battle. I will admit also, I voted for my own in this contest round, but generally, I vote for someone else's, as there are usually many pics better than mine.. GREAT contest as usual. Had Daiv captured his moth photo a few weeks earlier, I'm sure the votes would have been much more divided!
Bill in SC