Lots of growth in one year!

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
sundanz

Lots of growth in one year!

Post by sundanz »

Hi, here's a pic of my Celsianus oreocereus ( old man of the Andes) who has a hole in its epidermis at the bottom of the picture. I bought the cactus last may 2012 and that hole was almost at the top. It had a strawflower glued to it and when I removed it part of the skin off with it which left the hole. This cactus grew despite its injury and it is now 8 inches tall!! Pretty soon the hole will be swallowed up, hopefully by next year! Maybe it will need a bigger pot by then!:-)

Karin
image.jpg
image.jpg (56.1 KiB) Viewed 777 times
Life's a Cactus in the Great State of Texas!!!
Sulcofan

Re: Lots of growth in one year!

Post by Sulcofan »

Braw! Well done :)
Eutow_Intermedium

Re: Lots of growth in one year!

Post by Eutow_Intermedium »

Good news story.

I have a twin stemmed Oreocereus Celciuanus. It came from on the job in 2001, when I was doing Horticulture in Private gardens. A couple of dyke's gave it to me lol. Originally mine only had the one stem. I tried to get it to grow outdoors in a greenhouse, but it rotted part way up and tumbled down.

I cut the top off mine and it grew two separate stems and now they are getting pretty big now. Your one has nice long hair, my one has shorter hair and darker spination. I really need to to take a picture of it to be honest.

Your's should make a nice looking plant when it's older. A great example of a plant that has recovered from fake flowers.

=^-^=