Echinopsis spachiana

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
daiv
Site Admin

Echinopsis spachiana

Post by daiv »

Thought I'd share this first. Echinopsis spachiana bloomed for the first time last night. Actually it opened in the evening and lasted all night and all day. As far as I know it's still going.

http://www.cactiguide.com/cactus/?genus ... =spachiana

Daiv
cactusbutt

Post by cactusbutt »

Great pic's Daiv,congates :wink:
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

BTW -I checked on it and it's still blooming. That means that flower has gone for Two days and two nights now. I'm curious how long it will last. It sure beats the 8 hour period of some species.

Daiv
ondy

Post by ondy »

Daiv,

I saw one of those at a nursery this weekend. It was quite a large plant and had a flower coming out on either side of the top of the branch. I was marveling at it for quite a while. Unfortunately I didn't have a camera. Thanks for sharing.

Andy
ihc6480

Post by ihc6480 »

Nice looking flower, keep the pics coming :)

Bill
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

ihc6480 wrote:Nice looking flower, keep the pics coming :)
Will do Bill, got some more first timers (for me) with buds including Epiphyllum hookeri, Echinopsis pachanoi, and the one I'm waiting for the most Arthrocereus rondonianus.

My A. rondonianus had two fat buds earlier this year and the next thing I knew they were aborted. I've been watching it like a hawk, but don't really know what I could do if it did it again.

Daiv
bluedrinks

Post by bluedrinks »

always wondered what all these cacti i have were called E.Spachiana.i have about a dozen pots with this.Nice flowers .these are pretty common around here.
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Yep, I got mine as a cutting from someone's yard.