kalanchoe unknown

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
Mike

kalanchoe unknown

Post by Mike »

seems like this is one of those weedy types, but I don't know what it is.

Thanks Mike
hob

Post by hob »

if it grows hundreds of little plants on the leaves it will probably be this one

Kalanchoe_daigremontiana
incurable cactoholic
growing rebutia's with a mix of others.
Rosemarie

Post by Rosemarie »

I believe it is now considered Kalanchoe houghtonii, previously Bryophyllum 'Houghton's Hybrid'. Yes, like the Mother of Thousands, it will make many babies~one in each crook of the leaves.
Rosemarie
Mike

Post by Mike »

Thanks much. I had googled diagremontonium and found some jus tlike mine and others very different, and apparently lots of hybrids of it.

In fact, one such hybrid is Houghtons hybrid,Pics of it match mine :) One site says
"It is an artificial hybrid between B. daigremontianum and B. delagorensis raised by A. D. Houghton in the 1930s in his garden in San Fernando, California1,2. ....The common name aptly describes the proliferous development of plantlets in almost all the crenatures along the entire leaf margin. It is probably the most proliferous adventitious plantlet bryophyllum compared to it's parents: B. daigremontiana, B. delagoensis (K. tubiflora).

What do you think this one is. I found a pic at the Huntington Garden site that lookd the same to as K laetivirens. But then saw what looked also the same as K daigremontiana. Description in crassulacea book seems to match laetivriens, and I will go with the Huntington unless?

christos

Post by christos »

Weedy type indeed.Came out of nowhere just beside a Haworthia of mine and seems to suck the life out of it.Now that repotting period has come i'll get it out and put it in a pot of it's own.Weed but interesting!
Rosemarie

Post by Rosemarie »

I think that one may be Kalanchoe crenato/Bryophyllum crenatum. I believe K. laetivirens has also been known by K. crenato-daigremontiana, which has longer leaves.
Rosemarie