Seeding Help needed

All about seed grown plants. How-to information, progress reports, show of your results.
gun4me

Seeding Help needed

Post by gun4me »

Hi all,

These seedings of mine are around 3 weeks old.
I have 2 qns over here.

I have a qns here, my seeding which is in brown now, it is used to be green, is it sick or is it in normal condition?

The 2nd qns here, after the seeding pop out from the seed, the seed shell is hanging onto the stem, when i removed it it has a little dent in it, it isn't the 1st time. Can anyone advice me, whether should i remove the shell once it is pop out or shld i leave it there?

Many thanks
gun4me
cacti craze
peterb

Post by peterb »

Hi- brown is okay! not unhealthy at all. Maybe you could give the seedlings a little more light? The seed coat/shell isn't a problem either, you can leave them on or take them off, it seems to make no difference.

peterb
Zone 9
MichaelCactus

Post by MichaelCactus »

Looking good soo far! What cacti are they?
Completely Confused, yet Completely Addicted.
gun4me

Post by gun4me »

thx alot for the quick reply.

It is actually a cactus mix pack that i bought from ebay, so i don't know the type of cactus they are. I am waiting for it to grow much bigger so i will know.

thx n regards
gun4me
cacti craze
tvaughan

Post by tvaughan »

More light! They are too etiolated.
iann

Post by iann »

Mixed packs are tricky. Some of your plants do need more light but its not desperate and you can bulk them up later. Others are getting plenty of light, witness the strong colouration, so I wouldn't bump up the light levels too much or too fast.

Try to keep them a nice strong green. Pale green usually is too little light. Pink or red is too much. You can control etiolation by reducing the night temperatures.
--ian