Sad news from Arid Lands

Anything relating to Succulents that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Franj

Sad news from Arid Lands

Post by Franj »

Hello everyone,
I'm not sure if it's appropriate to post this here or not. But I thought any of you who buy plants on line and are familiar with Arid Lands Nursery here in Tucson might like to know.

I was saddened to hear that Kristy Hanson, who ran the operation, had lost her long battle with cancer last night. I've met Kristy in person and found her to be a really neat, fun loving and friendly lady. She was very knowledgeable as far as cacti and succulents and helped me to identify a lot of the more exotic plants in my collection. She will be dearly missed.

On another note, her father Chuck Hanson has an orchid operation in Iowa and can't run both businesses. So he says he's going to put Arid Lands up for sale. If he can't find a buyer he will be forced to close it forever.

I'm not affiliated in any way with Arid Lands, I'm just a customer. So I hope this isn't viewed as spam. It's just that Arid Lands has always been able to provide some very unique plants unavailable anywhere else. I would hate to see cacti and succulent lovers lose such a valuable resource.

The only e-mail I have for Chuck is orders@aridlands.com. So if you would like to express condolences or know someone who might be interested in buying the business please e-mail him.

Thanks,
David Franges
Tucson, Arizona